Monday, February 13, 2006

Clipped in

I finally did it, I went to the bike shop and had my clipless pedals put back on my bike. Now the fun begins!! I have never ridden with clipless pedals before. I bought my bike a little over a month after I broke my toe and a couple days after the purchase I went to the doctor. He told me I could not wear bike shoes because it would put too much pressure on the joint. So back to the bike shop to get the clipless pedals removed and platforms put on.

The doc said I could wear bike shoes a little over a month ago and I have been procrastinating! I am scared of falling and making a fool of myself. But I know Cassie would really enjoy it!! All will be okay, I can handle it! Because I have to!

I also went to the rec center today. I had all the intentions of joining, but I forgot my badge. Sometimes I wonder about myself! But the kind people behind the desk let me workout anyway. Yay! So I went swimming. Nothing too strenuous, just 1100 meters at a steady pace. I did 1 length of breast stroke, 3 of crawl, then I repeated until I finished. I did take a 30-60 second break after 500 meters. I could have done more laps, I could have pushed myself harder, but I haven't been in the pool for such a long time I wanted to take it easy. Next time I will bring my gear and do pulls and kicks.

I really like the rec center pool. It is outside and heated. It was so cool to look up at the full moon while doing the breast stroke!! It is so much nicer than swimming at Bally's or 24 Hour Fitness.

Well, Beazer is putting his cold, wet nose against my leg wanting to play. I better give him some attention!

6 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I had no trouble getting used to clipless once I had the bright idea of wearing mountain bike shoes instead of slick roadie shoes. Knowing that my foot wouldn't slide out from under me if I put it down was the biggest factor for me. That little twist of the ankle? No problem.

Good luck!

Tiggs said...

yeh I have slick roadie shoes--need to switch to MB shoes....

Jill said...

But don't you have to have different pedals for mountain bike shoes? I will try these out first and then think about changing to mb shoes if I can't get the hang of it!

KBGee said...

I hope the clipless pedals are working out for you. Once you get used to them you'll never want to ride without them again.

Okolo said...

Falling, at least once, is just part of the right of passage.

Tiggs said...

i don't knwo how the pedals works so heck if I know. If i have to change pedals to wear MB shoes instead of roadies I prob won't ever do it b/c I don't like riding my bike that much and I'm too cheap! LOL!!