Sunday, June 03, 2012

It sure has been awhile, hasn't it? I am going to try and start this up again - we will see how it goes.

Later this year I will be taking an amazing trip to Nepal. This adventure will start in Kathmandu and include a flight to Lukla and several days of hiking which will eventually lead to Everest Base Camp. I can't wait!

To prepare for this trip I have to get in a lot better shape than I am in now. So, I will use this blog to log my progress and any other things that I might like to share.

I completed the Kemah Olympic Triathlon on April 29, and since that time have done some walking, been on a couple bike rides and gone to a few spin classes. But other than that, I have been taking it easy. But that is now changing.

To start off my training for Nepal (along with Katy Flatlands bike ride, Bridgeland Sprint Triathlon, Houston Sprint or Olympic Triathlon, Race for the Cure 5K, and any other interesting events that pop up!) I biked 41 miles in Katy yesterday. Today, I completed 4 miles on  my feet which included a 1/2 mile warm-up, a 3 mile "run" and 1/2 mile cool down. And before I go to bed I will do some core exercises.


The journey begins!  Namaste!

No comments: