Thursday, January 19, 2006

Ditz

So last night I headed home all psyched to go running. I pedaled as fast as I could, bypassed the mailbox, and tackled the ramps in the garage. I figured this would get me nice and warm so I could do some proper stretching before I started. I threw off my work clothes and took off my dead running shoes and proceeded to don my running attire. Then out the door I went.

I stopped off at my apartment office for a few seconds then proceeded to walk to the park. Got there, did some stretching – felt good - and then I took off.

All seemed to be going okay, my pace was good, the air was breezy and not too hot, but then this burning sensation hit me. My left shin was saying NO. I ignored it and kept going, trying to run through it. Then my left shin decided it would scream instead, so I stopped and stretched it out some and started up again. Well, it started screaming again. So I stopped again and that is when I noticed I did not have on my running shoes, I had on my dead ones! You think – what is the big deal? The big deal is that my running shoes have my orthotics in them and the dead ones do not! And the reason I got the orthotics was because I kept getting shin splints. Man – I can be such a ditz at times!

Needless to say, that was the end of my running last night. Instead I walked the rest of the loop and went home. I will try again tonight. And after that I will go and get the film from the marathon developed (okay Erin!!).

No comments: