Thursday, March 09, 2006

We'll see

I went for a short run around the golf course on Monday night. Things went okay, but it was nothing to rave about. Just 2 miles at a slow pace.

I did some stuff around the place on Tuesday and made a quick trip to the grocery store. I now have some decent food in my fridge. Always a good thing!

Yesterday I went for another run around the golf course. I decided to bump up my intervals from 4/1's to 5/1's. I did that, and all was good. Finished the loop and felt good enough that I would do another mile. Arrived at the turn around point and drank some water from the fountain and decided on just finishing the loop instead of turning around. You know how it is - sometimes you feel like you can run forever. How come that feeling doesn't last forever?! More training and it will!!

Anyway, I did 4 miles last night. That is the longest I have run since I broke my toe. I sure do miss the days when anything less than 10 miles was considered a short run!! One of these days I will get there.

Tonight I am heading out to Katy for a fellow TNTers fundraising party (Pampered Chef). I am looking forward to the party, just not the drive! I am so spoiled not having to deal with rush hour traffic!!

Not sure what I will do tomorrow training wise. Saturday is another ride with TNT. Will be doing somewhere around 55 miles. And on Sunday I am thinking of joining some friends for the Bluebonnet Express. Route distances are 24, 46, or 60. Decisions, decisions! Debi and Dustin are planning on 46. Maybe after the 55 on Saturday that might be a good idea. We'll see.

The Tour de Houston is next Saturday. I think I might skip out on TNT training and do that instead. They have a 70 mile route that I would like to do (some friends are doing to, but they are fast, so I am not sure if I will be able to keep up). Another "we'll see."

No comments: