Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy Belated 4th

Hope everybody had a wonderful 4th!! I went and visited my mom and step-dad for the weekend in Tulsa. Flew up Friday night and came back on Tuesday.

I had a good time. Saturday was a lazy day. My mom and I went for a walk around the neighborhood then did a little shopping. We then all went out to dinner at the Bass Pro Shop. Never would have thought they would have a restaurant there, but they did, and it was pretty good!

I thought about doing my long run on Saturday, but I slept in and it was just too hot by the time I was ready. Instead I woke up bright and early on Sunday and ran for 1 hour and 50 minutes. After that my mom and I checked out a couple walking/running paths that are close to the house. We walked them, and when all was said and done, I figure I did no less than 10 miles on Sunday when all I needed to do was 8. Probably not the wisest thing to do, but I survived!

After the run we showered and took off for the Gilcrease Museum where we had a wonderful brunch and then looked at some incredible western art. It is just amazing how artists could paint such realistic portrayals of the landscape from memory and sketches back then!

The rest of the weekend was pretty relaxing. Watched some movies, drank some margueritas, did some shopping, fed the local ducks, read a book. It was nice. I did get up early on Tuesday morning and run around the neighborhood for 40 minutes. Wanted to make sure I stayed on track with my running, at least. Because it is so easy for me to veer off course!!

I picked up Beazer last night, so tonight I can go straight home and put on my work out clothes. I am going to do some strength training (more squats and lunges!!) and then run around the golf course for 40 minutes. Sound like fun or what?!!

1 comment:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Glad you had a good holiday and are home with the critter!

Did you grow up in Tulsa? My mother and her two brothers spent much of their childhood their after my grandfather accepted a job there in the '50s. I have no family there now, but it's weird to think I have a sort of historical tie to Tulsa, of all places!