Sunday, April 27, 2008

On the mend

It has been close to two weeks since my little fall off the bike (there are still a few more hours to go before the official anniversary!!) and I must say - things are getting better. The scabs are healing - but only after having to be removed due to some serious puss leakage. YUCK!! The pain in the left wrist has diminished and I can now move it without pain. I just want to know what I did to it - I landed on my right side! The bruise on my hip is pretty much gone and feels good.

And finally my shoulder - Thursday was the day I felt a difference with it. It still does not like to do any sudden movements and the muscles are a little tender, like when you have used the tricep machine a little too much, but compared to previously the difference is incredible.

I didn't realize how much my daily activity would be affected by hurting my shoulder. I could only wash my hair with one hand, and if you think I could style it - forget it. Putting on deodorant hurt - having to reach over to the left pit with the stick or having to raise the right arm enough to get the stick in there. Putting on the bra was manageable, but taking it off was a different story. And buttoning the jeans - that was a chore to say the least! Using the computer was okay when it was sitting in my lap, but when I had to put it on the desk - not fun. Buckling my seat belt; turning the steering wheel; carrying anything; etc. Pretty much anything I did somehow involved my shoulder and the muscles attached to it. But it is getting better and I am so relieved!!

3 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I'm glad you're doing better! I'm always amazed at how much each body part does and how even a seemingly small injury can cause all sorts of problems.

Keep getting better-- it only feels like it takes forever!

Viv said...

Good news that you are on the mend. Take care....

TX Runner Mom said...

Glad you're doing better!