Sunday, June 29, 2008

It starts tomorrow

Training for the San Antonio RNR Marathon that is. I signed up for the free training program they offered through active.com and it starts off with a 35 min easy run tomorrow morning.

After that I have a few errands to run and then I am off to Colorado to visit with family for a few days. Should be fun to do some of my training at altitude!! At least the miles are short. Would hate to have to do an 18 miler trying to suck in enough oxygen into my lungs!

And once I get back from vacation I will be participating in the validation of a cylinder fill plant - so it will be difficult getting the training in because there will probably be a lot of late nights and early mornings. But I need to start this training season off right, so I will do what I need to do.

I think I would like to go see a nutritionist that can help me lose weight. I am wondering if they might have some different ideas for me considering my history of PCOS. Maybe different food combinations, certain types of food that I really need to avoid, etc. I am just wary because I know a lot about nutrition and do not want them to just tell me stuff I already know. But then again - knowing and doing are two totally diffent things!!

I recently bought a VitaMix to help me in the goal to eat more fruits and vegetables. I know you are probably thinking this is a real expensive blender - but it is a blender that lets you add whole fruits and veggies and makes a wonderful smoothie. This morning's smoothie consisted of a frozen banana, some canned pineapple chunks, a fresh orange, a mango, a whole carrot cut in 2 in sections, some water and some soy protein powder. It was very orange but pretty tasty. I am planning on making some green smoothies eventually, but I am still in the experimental stage and trying to find the right recipe. I will get there eventually! My first attempt at a veggie smoothie was pretty disgusting (tomatoes, kale, carrots and some other stuff). I didn't waste the nasty concoction though, I put it into ice cube trays and add a few to my morning smoothies. This way the taste is overpowered by lots of fruit!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I recommend on person, Catherine Kruppa. The best dietician in town. http://www.adviceforeating.com. She's the best.