Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Gym time

I did another 2.5 miles last night. And even though it was kinda warm, I shaved off 45 seconds from Saturday's run. Pleased me! That is why I like running - the challenge of bettering my times. Wednesday I will increase my mileage by at least 1 mile.

Yesterday I was looking at gyms to join, and kept thinking - I hate going to the gym. I was part of 24 Hour Fitness until a couple months ago, then my credit card expired and I didn't update my info. Now I do not have access to a pool and that is what I need the most. I am not that keen on lap swimming, I would rather get out in the open water and just go. But since that is not an option, the pool it is.

A possible solution to the swimming monotony is a SwiMP3. It is a neat little device that conducts sound through your cheekbones to your inner ear. It sounds great to me, but I just wonder. I will think about it and by the time I decide a better, more improved version will be out!

2 comments:

Tiggs said...

The pool is the only thing I would use at a gym and I'm too cheap to get a membership! hehehe!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to get back out there! I'm jealous!