Friday, May 25, 2007

Thought you might like an update

I know - you thought I fell off my bike again and just couldn't face the ridicule.

Well, not quite (even though I did - and that fall really deserved some major ridiculing)!!

I just got caught up in obtaining a new job and some other events.

The first call asking if I would be interested came at the end of January and the last call saying I was hired came the first part of April and my first day was May 1. Looking back it only took a couple months, but at the time it felt like time was going at a snail's pace.

Of course, during this time I was training for the MS150 - which was a blast!! I will get those pictures off the camera eventually!

I also completed the Mardi Gras Half Marathon - which I had not trained for AT ALL!! And it so showed in my final time!! Oh well - I had a good time. Mile 10 was my downfall - that is where I drank a glass of beer, ate a handful of M&M's, then a little bit further down the block I picked up a Mimosa!! YUMMMM!! And that Mimosa really affected me. Hmmmm, wonder why?

I also went out to Brenham and participated in the Blue Bell Fun Run 5K. That was a good time - especially since I beat a whole gaggle of "skinny little bitches" (I am sure they were nice girls!).

I also moved. Not very far - just one floor up, but still! My apartment complex is being renovated so I did not have a choice. Instead of moving to a new place, I figured I would stay here for at least one more year and save up some more money and maybe next year at this time I will be moving into a house! That would be exciting.

My new job will require quite a bit of travel, so I will be having to really concentrate on getting my training in. I have no plans right now for any events, but that should change soon. I think I am going to sign up for the Run Wild 5K. I have entered the lottery for the New York Marathon, so I will let you know about that one mid-June. I will probably sign up for the Houston Marathon again. Maybe this time I will get an official time!! That would be nice. I was thinking of signing up for the Tejas Triathlon, but with what has been going on - not a good idea. I will have to look at some other tri's later on in the season.

Next week I am heading off to Washington for some family time. I am really looking forward to going for some runs along the Columbia. I would really like to take my bike, but I guess I will just have to settle for a loaner.

Until next time........

2 comments:

TX Runner Mom said...

Glad things are going well! I've missed reading your blog. :-)

Jessica, a Austin Runner AND triathlete said...

update! update:) i want to hear how the tri season is going for you:)