Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My Lucky Day

July 7, 2007 (07/07/07) was my lucky day!! Along with millions of others on this planet! So on my lucky day I restarted that diet I have been starting and restarting for I do not know how many years. You know - the yo-yo routine.

Anyway, this time I am counting the calories and writing everything down. I have had results with this type of dieting before - and it is better than trying something new. My goal is to keep the calorie count between 1200 and 1500 calories per day but if I do not meet that goal once or twice a week - it is okay - I just "make a u-turn."

So far all is good, but then I have only been doing this for a week and a half! But I think I can manage. Sometimes it will be difficult because of my job, though. I eat out a lot with this job and finding good choices at restaurants is not always easy. Or if I do, they always screw it up somehow. Just last week I ordered grilled mahi mahi with steamed veggies. You would think that would be okay, but when it came out they had drizzled melted butter all over the fish and veggies. Guess I will have to learn to tell them not to do this and not just believe the server that they don't.

And then yesterday the facility I was at ordered meatlovers pizza for lunch. You know how hard it is to just eat one piece of pizza?! But I did it. And do you know how many calories are in one piece of pizza? About 375!! Terrible. But I did great the rest of the day and kept the count below the 1500 mark even with rounding up the piece of pizza to 400 calories.

If you are asking why did I even have the pizza. Well, two reasons. To prove that I could and because I am not going to deny myself things. I have done that before and always mess myself up because of it. So I will allow myself chocolate and fatty foods. Just in moderation.

Other than counting calories I am also doing my training for the triathlon I signed up for. That is a good idea, don't you think?!!

I am hoping that by the time of the first training day for the winter TNT season I will look a few pounds lighter (Aug 11). And maybe by the time the Houston Marathon comes around I will look a tad more like what you would expect a coach to look like. Positive thoughts, positive thoughts.

Here are a couple before pictures.



Me and my bonus mom, Michele, with a view of Mount Rainier (Oct 2006)


My Aunt Janet, Aunt Martha, Me, Clancy the dog, my dad, Jeff (can you see any family resemblance?!!) (Oct 2006)


Sitting in a field of bluebonnets after running in the Blue Bell Fun Run 5K and then going on a 40 mile bike ride in the hills close to brenham (April 14, 2007)

5 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Good luck with the diet. Do you ever log your day's food at fitday.com? I do it from time to time, just to see how I'm doing. It's a pain, but unless you never eat the same thing twice, it doesn't take long to see your pattern. It can be very insightful!

Unknown said...

You're so on the right track, Jill. I'm going to be watching your progress. You can do this.

Courtney said...

Good Luck to you! I am proud of you Girl!!!! I'll be cheering for ya!!!

TX Runner Mom said...

Sounds like you have gotten off to a great start on the diet! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Teni said...

Wellcome to life of triathlon. I am sure your weight problems will be past after you got adicted with this sport. I did! It´s a change of lifestyle!