Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sliding into home

So, after the fall TNT training group was finished with their run on Saturday I headed over to Biba's for some breakfast with a friend. As I am pulling into the parking lot I see Erin going past on Memorial Drive (she is training for Nike Women's Marathon). I hurriedly parked the car and ran after her to let her let know I would be there if she wanted breakfast after she was done.

I made it to Memorial, I made it across Memorial with all that wonderful traffic, I made it down the sidewalk past the Shell station, I made it to within a couple of inches of tapping Erin on the shoulder as she prepared to cross the street...then I tripped and as Erin put it "slid into home plate!" I am now decorated with skinned elbows, hands and a huge bruise on my knee - but my face is unharmed and my teeth are intact. That is the important thing.

Yep - I am most definitely a KLUTZ!!

3 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

You poor thing! That's definitely one of those moments when you have to hope you really will laugh about it later.

But what I want to know is if Ern ended up joining you for breakfast? With such an invitation as that, I don't see how she could've refused!

Anonymous said...

Oh NO! At least the teeth are intact...lol. (sidenote...think I broke my toe yesterday...kicking my shoe...sigh). Hope you heal quickly!

Erin said...

I'm almost sorry I missed seeing the actual fall cuz it sounded like you slid a good 5 feet! I can still hear the gravel rustling as you fell. I'm really surprised you weren't more banged up. A cyclist & 2 other runners asked me if you were ok. Judging by the looks on their faces, it must've been quite a tumble. Hope you're not too sore any more.

Bunnygirl - yes, I did indeed join her for breakfast. She'd already finished hers, but she hung around & we chatted while I had my yummy blueberry pancakes. :)